Last night my sweet mom passed away after a long battle with cancer. Of course I am so sad to not have my mom here on this earth but at the same time, I am so happy that she is pain free and in a better place. I've been with her the last week and I know how much she wanted to return home. So last night when she passed away I was so happy for her. I have felt so much love and peace and am so grateful that I can feel this at times like this in my life. Thank you everyone for your prayers. Not last night but the night before, I went in my moms room, where she laid, to say goodnight to her. She hadn't said a word for a few days. I said "Goodnight Mom, I love you!" and with all the energy in her frail body she quietly said "I love you." It was so sweet and wonderful for me to have this experience. I love you mom!
14 comments:
Alissa, I am so sorry to hear that. You post was truly sweet and you are incredibly strong. Please let me know if I can help you with anything. I would love to help!
I am so sorry Alissa. Your mother was so strong to hold on as long as she did. I'm so glad you were able to be there with her in her final moments. You're amazing. You're handling this so well. We'll keep you and your family in our prayers. Let me know if there's anything I can do. Take care.
I am so sorry for your loss. We will keep you in our prayers. Your positive outlook is amazing.
I wondered when I didn't hear from you last night if it had finally happened. I'm so sorry for all of you--but so happy for her that she's finally out of pain and in a better place. You and all of your family have been in our prayers constantly. What can we do for you? Please know that I'm here for you and would do anything to help. We love you guys!
Alissa, you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. PLEASE let me know if you need anything (meals, babysitter, a friend, etc.).
You are such a great example of strength and understanding of our Heavenly Father's plan.
We love you, and look forward to your return.
Alissa, I am so sorry about your mom. I am so glad you got to go out and be there this past week though! You have such a great perspective, you are such a great example of courage and faith! Please let us know if you need anything!
..... (crying) not sure what to say. Hits to close to home. Wish I could huge you. I am glad you had that tender moment with her.
Alissa, I'm so sorry for the loss of your mom. I'm glad you could share some special time with her before she passed away. We'll be praying for you all! Love, Elizabeth
I'm so happy you were able to have such a beautiful moment with Theresa before she passed away. We love you so much and are grateful to have known her a little. She was a very special a lady.
I'm so sorry Alissa. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers!
That's precious. I'm so glad everything went smoothly and that Grandma was able to stay all that time. Wish we too could have been there :( Love you.
I am so sorry for what you are going through right now. I am glad that you had that sweet moment iwth your mom and that you were with her and family members when she left this Earth. you are amazing! You and your mom look identical! I cannot believe the similarities:) we love you:)
Alissa, I just love you! I am so glad that you got to have a sister sewing party while you were there. Please, please let me know if you need anything.
Alissa...I heard the sad news at church. I am so sorry for your loss. And has anyone ever told you, YOU LOOK JUST LIKE HER!?! Her memory will live on in you. Take Care.
Post a Comment