What a week! I spent most of the week trying to discipline Halle. I've been trying to praise her for doing the right instead of punishing her when she does wrong. I feel like I'm doing a good job of praising her but, so far I haven't seen any signs that it's working. Hopefully I'm getting through to her and she is getting the idea but I'll let you know. If you have any advice, let me know.
I've also been spending a lot of time trying new recipes. It's been a good outlet during these hot summer months. Plus I'm pregnant and I feel like eating all the time. These are some yummy raspberry brownies I made today.

I also finished decorating our apartment. Yeah! When I came home from church today instead of thinking of all the things I wanted to change about our place, I thought what a cute apartment! I really think it's important to be proud of the place you live and to like it. Today I can finally say I'm proud. I admit, it's not perfect but I'm still proud. I included a few pictures of some of the things I purchased this week to finish off the apartment makeover.

I fell in love with this lamp. The picture doesn't do it justice but it had the look I was going for; a modern dark bronze base with the clear glass stem that has more of a country look to it. I'm also in love with the big round lamp shades that are in style right now. They kind of remind me of some of the lamps that my grandma has in her house from the 70's and 80's.

An area rug for our entry.

I actually brought these plates a few weeks ago for 99 cents but I thought I'd include them. I like them because they add a lot of color to our dining room.
6 comments:
Everything looks so nice! I especially like the rug!
Very cute decorating! Want to come do my house now? LOL! I just read The Power of Positive Parenting by Glen Latham and it was amazing! I'd highly recommend it for positive discipline.
I can't wait to come over and see it in person! What awesome decor for the apartment! I love the thought of you guys possibly moving over to San Prado! You'll be way closer...not that your that far away now:-) It would be so fun to have you guys be our neighbor! And thanks for your wonderful Testimony on Sunday! I got all teary-eyed and everything!
Wow!! It looks like you have been keeping busy! I am liking what i can see of the apartment makeover-- i LOVE makeovers-- it kind of makes me want to redecorate!! And the cupcakes from Sprinkles look sooooo yummy!! I would have stopped there too!
LOVE it! Someday, I will have a budget for decorating. For now, I just keep living with white walls, brown floors, and a very green couch. I really like Parenting With Love and Logic. I'll have to try out The Power of Positive Parenting, too. Do you feel like you go through parenting cycles? Sometimes I think I'm totally with it, and others (like now) I feel too tired or whatever to be a good mom and end up doing all the "wrong" things. Maybe I'll get it right by the time I'm a grandma! (Oh, hopefully before then!)
CUTE! Your apartment looks darling--I can attest to that! And thanks for the YUMMY raspberry brownies! They were soooo good! We really owe you for watching Caysja so much while we moved. Please, please let me watch Halle for you sometime! Just let me know when!
Oh, and my sis-in-law (the Professor) swears by "Love and Logic". I haven't read it yet, but I'd like to. Caysja is in the same stage as Halle and isn't it tough!?
Post a Comment