I learned that if I just let Halle wear whatever she wants and if I don't fight with Halle to get her hair done our day goes much better. She loves to wear a dress with her black patent leather shoes. What can I say she is all girl. Its not a problem but she has three play dresses and none of them go with black. Or she wants to wear them with jammies. I'm having a hard time letting go of my say in the matter but I'm happy that she is happy and that she cares about the way she looks. Halle has also become quite the singer. She almost always sings when we drive in the car. She knows all the words to...
- Twinkle Twinkle
- ABC's
- I Am a Child of God
- Five Little Monkey's
- Mr. Sun
- Barney
- Elmo's World
- If Your Happy and You Know It
It makes me happy to hear Halle sing and I am so grateful that she enjoys it.
"The Golden Plate"
I enjoy cooking, so each week I am going to try and post something I cooked up aka "The Golden Plate". This week it's simple but oh so yummy, Great American Peanut Blossoms. I just got the recipe off the back of a bag of Hershey Kisses. So buy a bag and some peanut butter if you're hungry for cookies this week. They are tasty.
Halle lastest thing is to group everything into families. This is her pine cone family. The funny thing is when she tells me who all the people are in the family. She'll say things like big brother, big sister, and big Mommy. I'm trying not to be offended.
Sunday night we were invited to play games with Wes's brother Andrew and family. Halle really enjoys being with other kids and she had a blast (don't let her expression fool you) playing with her girl cousins.
I can't conclude our post without mentioning that we got to hang out with our first couple friends and old next store neighbors, the Ariel's. They were in town visiting her parents and we had such a good time swimming and hanging out with them. Thanks so much for including us in your vacation. We loved being able to catch up with you.
8 comments:
I'm so impressed that Halle knows the words to all those songs--and I believe it too! She is so smart. Caysja will attempt to sing all those, (minus Barney) but she mostly sings the same line over and over.
Those cookies are SO YUMMY!! I am going to make some this week! Thanks for posting that picture. I want them right now!
Your blog is so cute and funny. I love reading it. I almost downloaded that exact same template from cutestblog... I guess we both have good taste!
She's so adorable! I'm so proud of her for knowing so many songs!
hey guys this is Tiffany Fackrell!! I was going through our wedding annoucement list yesterday, because my sis is getting married, so I was trying to update it and I came across your names and wondered how you were doing, and then today I stumbled across your blog!!! oh I am so glad to be in touch again. You guys look like you are doing well. You have a DARLING little girl and congrats on the one on the way! how exciting. I hope we can stay in touch. fackrellfamily.blogspot.com
David and Tiffany Fackrell
Hey, remember our discussion yesterday at the pool? (about posting political views on our blogs...) Well...this morning, I was looking at my sister-in-law's blog and it was so interesting what she posted. I'm actually really surprised that she wasn't more vocal about what she thinks concerning this issue (because I have talked to her and I know what she thinks). Anyway, it's under "Allie" in my contacts and you should check it out!
I love the golden plate idea!
i am with you on the dressing issue...i hide lydia's sunday shoes because she'll wear them out with wearing them all the time! we have rules for which shoes to wear when (which sounds so dumb, i know), and she HAS to let me do her hair on sundays. every other day is pretty much fair game (as long as it gets combed--yikes!). love the golden plate idea. you are such a good cook!
so glad you got to see the arials, btw. they are awesome.
Your cookies made me hungry :) Please make some when you come to visit! Which, by the way, will be at Christmas, right? It is always fun to talk to you. Thanks for calling.
Post a Comment