Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

This is Halloween Fun!

Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate. The first one said, “Oh, my it's getting late!“ The second one said, "There are witches in the air.“ The third one said, "But we don't care.“ The fourth one said, "Let's run,and run, and run!“ The fifth one said, "This is Halloween fun!“ Then Woooooo went the wind And OUT went the lights. And five little pumpkins rolled out of sight. We've been doing lots of fun things in preparation for Halloween. I taught Halle this little Halloween poem and the other night she recited the whole thing for me. I was so proud of her. She is getting to be so smart. I made a Halloween dinner, "Mummy Dogs" and "Monster Mouths". Wes got a little confused and made a butterfly mummy dog. We dressed Halle up in her costume and took her to a Halloween "trick or treat" at one of the local stores. She was so excited to put on her costume. After I got her all ready, Wes and I had to finish getting ready and Halle was just waiting. I asked her what she was waiting for and she said, "I'm waiting for my prince to come". Oh, to be a child again and for everything to be so magical. We are really excited for Halloween this week. Halle finally gets it and I think it will be a lot fun to take her trick-or-treating. The only thing I'm worried about is how all the candy will affect her. She loves M&M's!

4 comments:

Criscell said...

I STILL can't believe Halle can recite that whole poem to you! She is one smart little cookie. And what an adorable little princess she makes too! I love your creative dinners this week.

2x2momma said...

Halle is the cutest little princess! We've been having a fun time getting ready for Hallowe'en this year too. I think it's so magical when your kids are old enough to get into the holidays!! I love this age!

Kim said...

You are SO creative Alissa! What a fun way to cook yummy food. I bet Halle just loved that! It was really fun seeing you, Wes, and Halle last night! Halle was darling in her little princess costume. Just think, next year you'll have two little kiddos to dress up for Halloween:-)

Frei Family said...

She looks so cute in her costume!! I am impressed that she can remember that whole poem!!