I can't believe I'm saying this but one of the highlights of these last two weeks for me has been going to garage sales. My mom was a major garage-saler when I was young. She loved it so much that it drove me crazy. I would never let her buy me anything and I'd never get out of the car when she would make us stop. That has all changed.
For those of you who don't live in AZ, garage sales are a little different here. They have big community garage sales in April and October instead of throughout the summer because of the extreme heat. So I've been waiting all summer long and have been looking forward to October for quite some time now. Last week I had a great time garage saling but I didn't buy much, however I did find this cute bench for my entry way. It was white but I decided to add some color to my house by painting it to match my rug. Plus I like having projects to do.
This week there were a ton of garage sales. And yep, I was out searching for treasures from 7-11:00am. I found baby and Halle some cute clothes from Old Navy and the Gap for 50 cents, a couple of toys for baby, and I found Halle her very own "helmet." All week Halle has been telling me about how she's going to ride her tiny bike and wear her helmet to the bus stop and then she's going to put them on the bus and go to school. This is what Wes does everyday and she's decided that she should do it too. Anyways she didn't even own a helmet until I found her one at the garage sales but I know I did well because she loves it. Actually she loves it so much that she fell asleep wearing it. Kids are so FUNNY!

3 comments:
I didn't know you hated garage saling when you were young! How funny. Thanks for taking me with you yesterday. The helmet picture cracks me up! You did great on that one. Your bench looks awesome too.
Halle is too sweet. I miss garage sales!!
Ha ha! I'm laughing out loud right now. Only a kid could sleep with a helmet on her head!! Cute bench, too. I like it.
Post a Comment