Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

We're Here

It's been one week since we first arrived here in AZ and so far, so good. We experienced some of the "new people" things like arriving to church for the last hour. Attending the RS park day and finding out no one goes anymore. You know, new people stuff but we are still really liking it. Our little condo is looking a lot better. When we arrived the walls were painted a sponge yellow and it had an ugly chandelier hanging in the dining room. So Wes and I spent the first three days painting the walls light brown and installing a new chandelier. I have to say it looks a lot better. We are in need of a book case, desk and dinning room table but besides that, we are all moved in and living comfortably. Today we tried to go hiking on some trails by our house that look really fun. But Halle refused to be carried and therefore we only made it 1/2 a mile before we ate our picnic lunch and headed home. However, we are looking forward to some good hikes after we buy a backpack for the trail boss. I hope we can look forward to many more weeks like our first week in AZ. Just for the record we can't wait for the heat! We're serious...it's colder here than LA!

3 comments:

Criscell said...

Hey Alissa! Your blog is cute! It was fun to see you at the library today! Hopefully I'll see you again tonight at Sonic.

And you're right--it IS colder here than I thought it would be too, but believe me, we can wait on the heat! Before you know it it will be 115 outside and we won't want to go to the park or library anymore!

Frei Family said...

Hey Alissa!! Cute family blog... i wish i pictures by the ocean of me and rhett!! Too cute... Well i will have to take you to ikea if you are in need of furniture!! I love that place!!
It was good to see you the other night! Glad you came, it so nice to get out of the house sometimes...

Criscell said...

Alissa, I'm so glad you came to the "Brunch Bunch" this morning so I wasn't the only young mom there! I hope you had fun too--it's a way to get out of the house if nothing more...

Thanks for dinner last night! We had a great time and you are a fabulous cook! We will definitely have to have you guys over soon!