Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Moving

There is one thing I know and that is, the Morris family is getting ready to move. Where? I don't know. Wes applied for PA school at three schools. AT Stills, Midwestern, and Idaho State. AT Stills let him know they weren't interested before Christmas and Midwestern and Idaho State gave Wes an interview. About 2 weeks after Wes's interview at Midwestern he got rejection letter number 2. Which leaves us to our last hope but Wes's first pick, Idaho State. We should find out in about a week if Wes has been accepted or if he's on the waiting list for this school. Idaho is obviously where we want to move. I've actually never wanted something so bad in my whole life. We've only sacrificed everything and put our life completely on hold for this. However, Wes and I are well aware that he might need another year of patient contact hours to get in.

Which brings us to our backup plans...

  • Wes will be all done with his prerequisites/night school May 13 (Hurray, we get a daddy again). After that we could move in with my dad, who has been begging us to move in with him ever since my mom passed away last Oct. This could help us save money and get Wes residency in the State of Utah. Wes wouldn't mind applying to University of Utah (it's ranked in the top 5 for PA schools). But of course there are many drawbacks to living with a parent. And we know, we lived in my grandma's basement for 18 months before moving to AZ.
  • Wes could get a job as a Kidney Tech and we could stay in AZ but rent a house. Wes talked to a guy yesterday that might have an opening at his office for Wes. This job would be more money than his job right now and it has benefits making staying in AZ another wonderful option.

Come May we could be living in Idaho, Utah, or a new rental house in AZ. I wish I knew what it was but I'm excited to see what happens and how it does.

Alissa

8 comments:

Brenbren said...

I would have to say my vote would be to stay in AZ, but I really hope you get in at ISU. Good luck and keep us posted.

Kristin Thomason Forshee said...

Good Luck to any and all of your options! I feel your pain living with a parent... it can be so frusterating especially after living on your own for so long!

Criscell said...

Wow--that's exciting that you may have the option to stay in AZ. But I'm still hoping (with both fingers crossed) that you make it into ISU so I can still see you now and then!!

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

everyone is making so many decisions!! Good luck!

Elizabeth said...

Whatever you end up doing, I know you'll be blessed because you're trying so hard to do the right thing! I'm praying for you! Love, Liz

Carlie and Ryan Skinner said...

good luck with your big decision!

ashlee said...

Keep us posted. It was so fun to see you. I wish it happened more often.

Kirsten said...

ARG! The waiting and wondering is killer! (um...about that living with a parent thing...we will be during school, so would you give me the heads up?) good luck--you'll end up where you're suppose to, it's just hard to wait to find out what that is!