Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Babies Don't Keep

This is one of my favorite poems: I hope that my child, looking back on today Will remember a mother who had time to play; Because children grow up while you're not looking, There are years ahead for cleaning and cooking. So, quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep. I'm rocking my baby, and babies don't keep. Last week we broke down and brought the lazy boy I've been eyeing for years. Thanks Wes. I'm so excited to have a nice spot to rock our babies. Rocking with Halle has always been one of my favorite things about being a mother.

7 comments:

Criscell said...

Your chair looks awesome! I'm so happy you finally got it. You won't regret it. And what a sweet poem. It's so true. Why can't I remember that when I feel like I need to clean more than play with Caysja?

Katie said...

When are you gonna have that baby?? I keep thinking I'm gonna check your blog and see pics of the new Morris!!

kalie said...

I heart the poem!

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

I needed that reminder today - thanks Alissa. Playing and being with your child is really the whole point of being a Mom. Even if it is mind numbingly boring sometimes to act out the same part of Aladdin over and over and over...

Criscell said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Alissa, Happy Birthday to you!!! Hope you have a fabulous day! Thanks for the fun little "party" last night. That was so nice of you guys to have us over. Can't wait to take you to Cold Stone in the near future...yum, I can taste it already!

Kirsten said...

yea!!!!!!
someday we'll break down and get one, too!

2x2momma said...

At first I thought that was your real baby! I was so excited! When are you gonna show us brand new baby Morris??